Although I have not found myself cleaning obscure things I had the strong desire to bake this week. After finding some pumpkin bread recipes I headed to the grocery store but ended up coming back with banana bread ingredients instead. I made the first loaf subbing cinnamon apple sauce in for oil and added walnuts. Anthony and I both liked the addition of walnuts so next loaf I might repeat those but plan to add one super ripe banana. Maybe sub Greek yogurt for the oil or repeat the apple sauce. Yum-Yum!
I also tried out a new recipe I found on Runner’s World’s website. After baking up sweet potato wedges I tossed them into chopped up kale, a bit of salt n pepper and goat cheese! A drizzle of balsamic dressing and wahla! Delish!
Our appointment went well last Friday but baby still has a long ways to drop. So not unlike last week, I will continue to walk, walk, walk and sit on the birthing ball. I can feel things changing every day. My hips and lower back are getting ready and I have felt somewhat achy on and off the last week. I feel ok for being 38+ weeks pregnant but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I’m glad we’re at the end!
We had a fun time with friends over on Saturday night. We grilled up BBQ chicken to go with my kale salad and we also dined on pasta salad and corn puff! We got out the corn hole boards in the front yard during half time and had a great time laughing with friends. Pretty soon our weekends will take on a different tune…or at least a more quiet one!
Whenever baby decides to get here we’ve got Clemson onsies ready! We had a lot of plain white onsies and for $4 I ordered five little Clemson iron-on paws. In the next few weeks Anthony will have another Clemson fan in the house all ready for game day 🙂
Also, Dixie LOVES the new carpet we got for the baby area in our family room. We didn’t have the heart to tell her it wasn’t for her and I don’t blame her for using it-it’s REALLY soft!
My pregnancy app officially says 1 week, 5 days!!!
Have I mentioned that we’re ready for baby? 🙂 Last weekend I set out to pack our hospital bag. I got some great advice from friends and I Googled “what to pack” as well so I think I’ve got everything covered. I’ve been told you don’t walk out there looking anything less than six months pregnant so I pretty much stuck to comfortable things I’ve worn during pregnancy.
1. Two pairs of lounge/yoga pants, two comfy tops and a maternity sweatshirt
2. Two nursing tanks
3. My favorite slippers
4. Change of clothes for Anthony (spare T-shirt and shorts and a some sort of button down shirt so he can enjoy skin to skin time with baby too)
5. Toiletries so that maybe I can look halfway decent walking out of there or for a few photos…or at least brush my teeth 🙂
6. Baby gear- Two outfit options, socks and hats and two blankets
7. Goody bag for Anthony (I don’t think he reads this very often so I’ll go ahead and post this). I got him a few treats and a GQ magazine to read as there may be some down time. Also, I ordered some little iron-on Clemson paws. If they get here in time I’m going to iron one on a onsie and put that in his surprise bag.
8. Chapstick-I’ve heard from a few people that lips cant get chapped from all the huffing and puffing!
9. Snacks (granola bars, an empty water bottle or two) and I hope to stash a few pieces of fruit as we head out the door
10. Real camera
11. Phone chargers
I got the car seat installed today too! Anthony took my car Monday to get it super, duper cleaned/scrubbed/de-haired/vacuumed and we were going to go on Tuesday to install it but wouldn’t ya know the car seat guy at the hospital doesn’t work Tuesdays. I didn’t want to put it off anymore so I went over there today. My jeep actually has special hooks meant for car seats so we don’t even have to mess with the seat belt. I also picked up the second base for Anthony’s car so that we have one in both cars.
I’ve gotten asked over the past few days if I’ve been having contractions. Although I can’t say definitely, there seems to be some sporadic mild cramps every now and then. That could continue for weeks so I’m not over thinking it but I’m making sure to take notice. At some point those “sporadic” cramps may not get so sporadic! Anthony is doing his last few nights away although not too far and checks in a lot. His phone is always on and he made me promise to call him even if I have a half an inkling something is happening and he will hop in the car and head home. He’d much rather it be a false alarm and drive home then the alternative 🙂
38 week appointment is Friday. Until then I’ll just keep swimming and walking and resting and eating and trying to sleep!